Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Al Sadd target Zidan


Egypt international striker Mohamed Zidan is considering an offer from Al Sadd, local media in Qatar and Egypt reported over the past few days.

Qatar’s Al Kass Channel has confirmed the current negotiations between Al Sadd and the 30-year-old Egyptian on their official website.

Zidan is currently a free agent after his contract with Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund expired. He spent the second half of this season on loan with Mainz and helped in keeping the club in the top flight, but he refused a permanent deal with them due to a conflict over the contract’s length.

Egyptian newspaper “Al Masri Al Youm” said that Al Sadd offered an annual salary of €3 million to the player, who played a huge part in leading Egypt to the African Nations Cup titles in 2008 and 2010. Last week, Zidan was also on target as Egypt kicked off their 2014 World Cup qualifying with a 2-0 victory over Mozambique.

Yallakora.com, one of the top sports news websites in Egypt, said that Zidan is also considering offers from a number of clubs in the Gulf region and in Germany.

With his huge experience in Bundesliga, the Port Said born striker will be a great addition to “The wolves” who are looking for their first league title since 2007.

The 2011 Asian Champions League winners recently signed former Real Madrid legend Raul Gonzalez and appointed Morocco’s Houssine Amouta as their new coach.

No comments: