Media speculations have been linking a number of top-class coaches to the empty seat left by Uruguayan coach Jorge Fossati at AFC Champions league winners Al Sadd.
The Wolves' most successful coach in history decided to return to South America and took over the coaching role at Paraguayan club Cerro Porteno, stating that the reasons behind his departure are seeking a new challenge and being nearer to his family.
One of the big names being linked with Al Sadd is Portuguese coach Manuel José, the most successful coach in the history of Egyptian and African giants Al Ahly.
He decided to leave the Cairo-based club after the recent suspension of all domestic competitions, following February's Port Said stadium massacre that took the life of more than 70 football fans and resulted in more than 1000 injured.
The 66-year-old coach, who led Al Ahli to dozens of honors including six league trophies and four African Champions League titles, suffered minor injuries during the massacre that took place after the match between his team and the Port Said Club Al Masri.
AL AHLY TV, the Egyptian Club's official satellite channel announced last Monday that Manuel José signed a contract in Cairo that made him the new coach of Al Sadd, and the following day famous Egyptian newspaper Al Ahram confirmed the news.
There have been no official response from Al Sadd, but Qatar's famous sports channel Al Kass denied these reports on their official website "alkass.net". They said that they contacted Manuel José and he personally denied being approached by any club in the Gulf region and that he will be back to Portugal for a break while waiting for new offers.
The Portugese coach announced earlier that he will be retiring after two seasons. He previously had a short spell in the Gulf region with Ittihad Jeddah, but was sacked in mid-season by the Saudi club for poor results.